Christmas is coming and I love it. Call me superficial and materialistic but I love the idea of looking at all the shops and wrapping gifts and writing cards. Superficial happiness, fake but fantastic. Anyway, in the spirit of Christmas, I've written a long list. On this list, is 50 things which will make this Christmas entirely festively fabulous. Enjoy!
50) Bake Christmas Cookies
49) Make paper snowflakes.
48) Keep a stash of Christmas sweets in your bag and give them to fabulous people.
47) Download that Christmas music and get dancing.
46) Paint your nails festive colours.
45) Throw a Christmas party (big or small)
44) Write super lovely Christmas cards to everyone - It'll make them smile.
43) Be super polite and lovely to everyone.
42) Go to your local high street and have a look at the lights.
41) Visit the food court of a classy department store and browse (or buy!) some classy treats.
40) Festive selfies! Bring on the Santa hats.
39) Drink a insanely festive drink. Candy cane infused latte? Yes please!
38) Have a go looking past the superficial elements of Christmas.
37) Donate a bunch of old clothes - you don't need them!
36) Red lipstick...
35) Cosy up and watch a festive film. (I personally like Love Actually)
34) Make a hamper for someone who you think is fabulous OR someone who needs it.
33) Christmas picnic. Northern hemispherians - you could have it in your living room in front of the fire.
32) Get started on those New Years Eve's resolutions.
33) Create painfully festive outfits on Polyvore (send them to me if they are especially hideous!)
32) Grab a camera (or Iphone) and take some festive shots. You can get some really lovely ones.
31) Make your own Christmas Cards...
30) Did I mention Christmas music?
29) Spice up your home with some lovely festive decorations.
28) Make mince pies!
27) Do some exercise.
26) Send a Christmas postcard to someone on the other side of the world.
25) Plan an ideal Christmas day with infinite cash and possibilities (if any of you do this - I would love to see it!)
24) Get dressed up and go to a Christmas party/ball/soiree/event. It's up to you!
23) Make a gingerbread house.
22) Think about what really matters to you and if possible, put it into practise.
21) Hang up Christmas lights.
20) Wear an ugly sweater.
19) Try and celebrate an element from another religions' equivalent of Christmas.
18) Send a holiday email to your entire contact list - insurance companies, ex-boyfriends and all!
17) Step 1: Find a cat/dog/small child and place a Christmas hat on their small head. Step 2: Take picture of said cat/dog/small child and if wanted place said picture of Instagram.
16) Wear something festive in your hair
15) Eat exactly 2 candy canes and 3 gingerbread mean. Why? Because you can...
14) Buy a goat/cow/well/poo through Oxfam as a gift.
12) Instagram your festivities.
11) Call a distant relative wishing them a Merry Christmas.
10) Belt out the carols.
9) Go gift op-shopping
8) Convince the Ebenezer Scrooge of your life (aka. that friend you have who hates Christmas) to come over to the festive side.
7) Write a festive story/poem/sentence/song.
6) Make your night-time festive. I'm talking candy stripe pyjamas, Santa sheets and late night baths with gingerbread body scrub.
5) Search Etsy for Christmas themed items.
4) Go on a Christmas date. It doesn't have to be a 'date' date, it can simply be an outing with a friend or coffee with your mum.
3) Scent your home festively.
2) Create a fantastic new Christmas tradition and have bucketloads of fun doing it.
1) Smile, because it's Christmas.
I aim to print out this list and pin it up on my wall, crossing things off as I do them.
Get festive this week,