Well, tonight. I am having a wonderful night. I am in my room doing nothing. But the really nice doing nothing. The kind of doing nothing which involves crazy dancing and wearing beanies and taking photos of everything and climbing your legs up the wall.
Anyway, to help both myself and the lovely people of the Internet, I've devised a list of things to do (mostly in your bedroom) to ensure a wonderful, fabulous night. Because hanging out in your room is a truly underrated thing.
1. Light candles.
2. Read magazines.
3. Read books.
4. Flip through cookbooks and get excited about things you might make.
5. Wear beanies because they're super fun.
6. Take weird self-portraits. (Ok, cut the artsy crap. What I really mean is take like....10 billion selfies.)
7. Wear pretty pyjamas.
8. Take an hour to do your skin care routine.
9. Don't do your skin routine at all (Come on, be a rebel. Clog those pores. PEER PRESSURE)
10. Read pretty fashion blogs.
11. Read feminism blogs and feel empowered.
12. Temporary tattoos! (I like these cute cat ones)
13. Crazy dancing.
14. Snuggle...with your partner or you know, yourself.
15. Or alternatively, be a starfish. Stretch your legs up the wall.
16. Yoga's pretty cool too.
18. Drink tea.
19. Wear cute socks.
21. Actually let's get a little more specific.
22. Create...a drawing.
23. Create...a collage.
24. Create....a sleepy time playlist.
25. Create...a hair band.
26. Write in your journal.
27. Watch Amelie.
28. Drink with a cute straw. Or out of a super cute cup. Or both.
29. Dance crazily around your room.
30. Read magazines.
31. Drink ice tea.
32. Make brownies.
33. IS it weird that like half this list is related to food?
35. Turn off your wi-fi
36. Make yourself smell beautiful.
37. Read magazines.
38. Edit photos.
39. Take photos of everything.
40. Did I mention crazy dancing?
41. Write in your journal.
42. Get a jar, write all the lovely things that have happened to you lately, put them in said jar. (getting a little DIY)
43. Make up fake music videos to your favourite songs.
44. Have a bath
45. Paint your nails.
46. Dress up.
47. Practice crazy make-up ideas and take bucket loads of selfies.
48. Sing your heart out, sister.
49. Make up ghetto names for yourself and others, let people know there new ghetto names, call them their ghetto names for ever and for ever. (I'm Shanayay)
51. Learn some more of another language
52. Blow bubbles
53. Make long wishlists (I would greatly appriciate it, if you sent them to me)
54. Watch Ezra Koenig interviews.
55. Vandalise...yourself...in sharpie.
56. Write stories.
57. Write poems.
58. Stick your head out the window (or go onto the balcony). Exhale. Inhale. Repeat.
59. Hang fairy lights.
60. Lie down wearing something really light. Listen to James Blake. Exhale. Inhale. Feel zen.
61. Research something weird and wonderful.
62. Do public speaking in front of your mirror on anything you want. BYO power suit.
63. Drape fabric everywhere and make a tent. (More fun: eat smores in the tent)
64. Throw soft toys. (if you have no soft toys. I am ashamed on your behalf)
65. One could say I'm running out of ideas.
67. Oh here's one, write lists!
68. Line up your shoes.
69. Pretend you are Marilyn Monroe (who knows, you might actually become her)
70. Find your favourite book and highlight your favourite quotes (or underline them)
71. Make a video (if you don't want to post it anywhere just keep it. Or show it to me, I'd love to see it)
72. Go onto Rookie and read their articles.
73. Plan world domination.
74. Make slice.
75. Stay up till 3am (doing things above). Make pancakes, eat said pancakes, go to sleep.
76. Call someone. Yes that's right, on the telephone.
77. Write letters (to people ie.Mum, or to things ie. sarcasm. Just warning you though, sarcasm might not reply)
78. Find new music artists, download their stuff.
79. Almost there, Isabella.
80. Make smores.
81. Plan a wonderful trip to a wonderful place.
82. Make confetti and put it in jars. (then you can make confetti GIFs. Is that not the entire point of confetti?)
83. Watch the Vlog Brothers videos.
84. Just lie in bed.
85. Label things.
86. Draw flowers on your hands.
87. Email me. I'm probably procrastinating and will answer. Sometimes I just want to chat.
88. Write an angry letter to something you hate. Leave it somewhere.
89. Decorate your mirror.
90. I did the cliched lipstick hearts.
90. Wear one colour lipstick on your top lip and another colour on your bottom lip.
91. Do a Blogilates class.
92. Look around at your house and your life and be grateful. There's always something to be grateful about.
93. Twinkle your toes.
94. Make oatcakes (It's Oatcake Day on the 8th of August)
95. Just checking, I did mention crazy dancing, right?
96. Tease your hair.
97. Draw. On. The. Wall. I know you want to. Extra points if you're at someone else's house.
98. Listen to Vampire Weekend.
99. Pick flowers from your garden in the dark.