Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Creative Bits and Bobs // 01

 Something that I've never done on this little space before, something that is done on millions of blogs all over the Internet and on Rookie and Tumblr and all sorts of platforms, is share my own creative work. And I was thinking about it, and I was thinking about the poems and stories that I write and the little films I make and I thought to myself, why not? So I thought I'd start a new little series, which is a sharing of creative work. And yeah, I'm a little nervous because it's more personal than an outfit post or a sharing of my favourite Tumblr posts but this is a chance to carpe that diem and I'm ready to seize it.


           

I made this film on a bored Sunday when I felt like doing something crazy and creative. Maybe I might make more, I guess I'll just see how it all goes. You can subscribe to my shiny new Youtube channel here

I often force myself to carry out painful social networking bans, which means as I sit at the bus stop and everyone surrounding me scrolls through Instagram, I have nothing to do. So I've taken to opening my notes and writing whatever comes into my mind whether it be: 'god that guy is cute' or 'how is that woman so god damn fashionable.' It makes me feel like a bit of a loser but I enjoy it. One day when it was raining I wrote something which I guess you could call a poem. Here it is. 

Dodgy Poem. 5 // Rain
It is raining. The streets seem more precarious than usual. As if these tiny droplets of water could undo the fast paced, interwoven routine of society. As if these tiny droplets of water could intercept the fast walking office people or the gym wear clad runners. As if these tiny droplets of water could induce anarchy. There's a certain beauty in the rain, in the precariousness of it. And I love it. 


So I'd a little nervous about hitting publish but I guess experimentation is a part of blogging. What do you think about this kind of post? 

Hugs, 
Bella x 

5 comments:

  1. I think it's a fantastic, endearing post. I always thought of your blog as creative anyways, so this could be the next step :) And I just came out of a weekend where I locked my own phone and laptop away, and well…it was interesting! It really was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I loved that ! It was so amazing ! Please please please do more ! I don't have facebook, instagram, twitter or anything so I guess it's like that for me everyday ! It's interesting though. I am very observant ! And I suppose being around and not looking at a screen helps !
    Eb x
    Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was beautiful. Please make more

    ReplyDelete
  4. This video is my new favourite thing in the world. Thank you, Isabella. Thank you. xx
    misstasmin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the poem! I think you're quite an awesome writer, in general.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Thank you for commenting. I absolutely love receiving comments it always makes my day. Please nothing rude or hurtful. Thank you and have a lovely day.
Isabella xx