Monday, 11 August 2014

Dear World 04 // Watch Out The World's Behind You

As I write this, I am fresh out of the bath and have just practically dunked myself in rose moisturiser. The monotony of Monday night seems to be a good enough excuse to make yourself smell like a garden. I have a piano exam tomorrow and after what seems like a decade of unmotivated slump, I am pulling my shit back together and reorganising my life again. Life around me seems to be at point of transition. There's a feeling of motion and I can't quite put my finger on why. 


'Sunday Morning' by the Velvet Underground is one of my favourite tunes at the moment and the entire aura of my Sunday seemed to be similar to that of the song. It was dreamy. I spent the day with my favourite girl, Georgia (seen above in her damn rad turtleneck). We had brunch like old ladies and then explored a wealth of vintage stores, thus renewing a love for Sydney I never quite knew I had. 

Speaking of The Velvet Underground, I just finished Patti Smith's 'Just Kids,' and I loved it. Not just because it took me back to a time and a place I want to be part of - 1960's & 70's New York with Andy Warhol and Lou Reed. The Book also held eternal truths about money, love, art and creativity. Seriously, go read it. 

'Just Kids' reminded me how much I don't want to become obsessed with money, with wealth. How much I don't want to feel the need to quantify success or happiness. How much I'd hate to end up a miserable old conservative women in a blazer and a huge house. 

Bella xx

4 comments:

  1. Here's to doing everything so that we don't become miserable old conservative women in blazers and huge houses. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dress ♥
    its so cute and girly and fits perfect to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is adorable and I love your
    socks and shoes.
    And your friend's turtleneck is amazing.
    I also always wish I was part of New York in the
    seventies and going to Studio 54 with Andy Warhol. ;)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress!

    - Christina www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Thank you for commenting. I absolutely love receiving comments it always makes my day. Please nothing rude or hurtful. Thank you and have a lovely day.
Isabella xx