Saturday, 30 August 2014

Get Yo Shit Together

So I've been in the process of 'getting my shit together,' for about 3...maybe 4 months. This notion of saying to yourself 'alright Bella time to pull it all back' at eleven every Sunday night and then drearily writing a to do list and a plan. I'm getting reallll tired of my own shit. Inadequacy is showing up in diet, lack of exercise, school work and even at my job, which means unlike school, real people with lives are actually affected. My mojo is gone, my friends, kinda trying my best to get it back. 

I've been painting, reading BJ Novak's short stories, listening to Sticky Fingers, eating dark chocolate and have implemented a kindergarten style 'gold star' system for days when i eat well, do the shit I need to do and do enough yoga for it to be considered proper exercise. I've been running in the rain and then climbing back into bed. I've been realising that motivation isn't about organisation, it's about attitude. I've been lusting over bookstores, the thought of summer and Jack Kilmer. 

I watched Palo Alto and to be honest it was one of the truest representation of the 'angsty teen years' that I've seen. I also killed 3 plants, feeling a lil' guilty about that. I decided this list needed to resurface and wrote it on my chalkboard. I downloaded a solid 5 organisation apps. I've been dancing a lot, thinking about thinking and eating a lotta soup dumplings. I've also been feeling excited nervousness over the fact I'm moving schools and next month I will be the new girl. I've been spending a lot of time on tumblr and I have a few things up my sleeve I think you should see.

+ john stewert's video on ferguson
+ this 
+ this 
+ and also this 

happy Saturday, friends! 
Bella xx 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is me exactly. I really need to up my game! I've been laying around eating poorly and reading books for the last week, and my to-do list is getting longer and longer with each day. It's time for me to shape up. Loved this post(:

    http://navigating-fairyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a lovely post to read as I've found myself stuck in a little rut as of late. BJ Novak's are delightful though, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I’m Jenna btw, I’ve got a little blog about positivity and all things motivational, self-help, beauty, fashion, and lifestyle. I would love if you checked it out! :)

    http://www.livenpresent.com
    x Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh... I have been feeling the same with exercising and blogging. I feel you!

    Cathy // HELLO, CATHY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been scattered too. Really need to step up my game! We can both do this, girl.
    Also, have to ask, where on earth do you find gold stars from? I've been eyeing the look of them in a simple mason jar - the little things are oh-so appealing. x

    LUCID STARS

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive been getting my shit together for over a year now. it's rough. i've started to go to the gym 5-7 days a week and eating salad cause i'm so bored, but it's nice.

    -m.see
    http://blog.mollyseemeador.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Thank you for commenting. I absolutely love receiving comments it always makes my day. Please nothing rude or hurtful. Thank you and have a lovely day.
Isabella xx